Who are we
We are Student Shed Limited, trading as TSS, a UK limited company registered in England and Wales (reg no: 12220688) at registered address: Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester, M12 6JH.
What information we collect
We will collect information that you submit to us that enables us to provide you with the services offered. Should you order from us, this will include your name, email address, telephone number, and address information. We will hold your order history on file (which will include your contact details). If at any point you want us to delete your name or email address, we will do so immediately, please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you sign up for our mailing list, we will keep a record of your name and email address. Every newsletter features an unsubscribe button if you wish to do so.
What we do with your information
We require this information to fulfill the orders you place with us, understand your needs, and provide you with a better service, in particular:
- internal record keeping, as required by law
- to confirm your order, confirm order despatch, deliver your order or confirm a refund where applicable
- to assist you with any queries concerning your order or any other query
- to send you information regarding our company and products that we believe to be of interest to you but only if you signed up for our newsletter by choice.
Who we share your information with
In order to run our business and provide our services to you, we work with a few third-party vendors who help us to complete the functions outlined above. These include:
- our payments provider PayPal who enables us to take payments from you, our customers
- suppliers of the goods sold and their shipping couriers who we use to get your delivery to you
where we have your consent, marketing, and survey providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Google, and Trustpilot. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and we will remove your details from our marketing lists.
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long it is required to fulfill the purposes which we have outlined above. The amount of information retained will be proportionate to how sensitive that information is. Legally we must keep basic information relating to purchases for a minimum of six years.
Cookies are identifiers that are passed to and stored by your computer when you visit a website like mytss.co.uk. These cookies allow the website to recognize you, if and when you return to the website. This allows us to:
- identify you when you register and log-on to our website
- keep details of the items you have stored in your basket, so these can be viewed if you leave the site and come back
- use analytical tools like Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers arrive at and use our website so that we can improve the online customer experience we offer
- ensure we show you the most relevant product and content on our website to make the experience as personalized as possible
- help us keep the site secure and help protect against any fraudulent activity
- share content with you that is based on your interests through our site, newsletter, and third-party advertising applications.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can block cookies so that your browser does not accept them by adjusting the settings in your internet browser. Please refer to the help section of the browser to learn more about this. For the best experience whilst visiting our website, we suggest you accept cookies from our site.
You have various rights about your personal information and how others, including us, retain and manage it, these include:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you within our business.
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances where we are not legally required to retain that information.
- the right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through by unsubscribing using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- the right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To request further information or to make a complaint, contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Student Shed Ltd
3 Devonshire Street North